Tilton School is a New Hampshire Boarding School that creates opportunities that prepare students to make a difference in the world. Earning a diploma signifies that the student’s body of work demonstrates an array of knowledge, skills and understanding necessary to succeed in the 21st century world and in a rigorous college program. To be eligible, 12th grade and/or Post-Graduate students must successfully accomplish the following:
- Proficiency in Tilton’s five Essential Skills;
- Successful completion of Legacy Project;
- Successful completion of a program of secondary school learning over a minimum of three years.
- All students are required to take five full-credit courses each year.
*Opportunities to earn limited academic credit towards graduation may be earned through successful completion of an online course, internship, or independent study work.
A minimum of 18 earned credits, as described below:
- Arts – 1 credit. Introduction to the Arts is required for 9th Grade students. Successful completion of arts course beyond the 9th Grade Foundations Course.
- English – 4 credits. A full-credit program in literature-based studies is required every year. (Students for whom English is not their first-language must successfully complete a year of 11th or 12th Grade English.)
- History and Social Science – 3 credits. One year of U.S. History is required.
- Mathematics – 3 credits. Algebra I & II and Geometry, or the equivalent.
- Science – 3 credits. A core science sequence of Biology, Chemistry, Physics is required.
- World Language – 2 credits. Two years of one world language; three years for selective college admissions.